Spirits producer Diageo has released a series of collectable single malt Scotch whiskies ‘Prima & Ultima’. Combined they are worth £20,000.
Prima & Ultima (first and last) comprises a selection of casks selected from a number of Diageo distilleries, including Lagavulin, Port Ellen, Talisker and Clynelish. The single vintage malts chosen for the first range in the series were selected by whisky maker Dr Jim Beveridge OBE.
- available are 238 full sets of the first release of Prima & Ultima
- online registration is open from 22nd July 2020
- full set of eight vintage single malt cask strength bottlings comes with a limited-edition book of personal stories from Dr. Jim Beveridge OBE and 20ml samples of each whisky
- first set of the series, which has been signed by Beveridge, will be auctioned for charity in an online sale through Sotheby’s from 26 August to 2 September 2020.
This round of Prima & Ultima includes:
- Caol Ila 1984 (35 years old, 50.8% ABV, aged in a refill European oak butt, 499 bottles)
- Clynelish 1993 (26 years old, 49.8% ABV, aged in refill American oak casks, 941 bottles)
- Cragganmore 1971 (48 years old, 43.7% ABV, aged in a first-fill ex-Sherry butt, 352 bottles)
- Lagavulin 1991 (28 years old, 50.1% ABV, aged in refill American oak casks, 1,013 bottles)
- Mortlach 1994 (25 years old, 55.1% ABV, aged in a first-fill Pedro Ximénez cask and oloroso-seasoned European oak butt, 389 bottles)
- Port Ellen 1979 (40 years old, 51.2% ABV, aged in a refill European oak butt, 436 bottles)
- Singleton of Dufftown 1988 (30 years old, 48.8% ABV, aged in refill American oak casks, 469 bottles)
- Talisker 1988 (31 years old, 51.4% ABV, aged in refill American oak casks, 721 bottles)
Register on exceptionalwhisky.
Check out collectibles for more deals.